XchangeIT Newsagents Pty Limited (ABN 20 096 662 421), Suite 13, 38-46 Albany St, St Leonards, NSW 2065.
12.01am (AEST) on 06/09/2021 and closes 11.59pm (AEST) on 03/10/2021 for online entries and last mail to be received on 18/10/2021
Who can enter?
Only Australian residents who:
(a) are aged 18 or over; and
(b) if they are drawn as a Consumer Winner, can participate (or nominate a proxy to participate on their behalf) in an online Envelope Pick via a Zoom call (co-ordinated by XchangeIT) on 26/11/2021 in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
In addition, the principal of a participating Store that is operating in Australia for the duration of the Competition Period and at the time of the prize/s being awarded, will receive an entry into the competition if they/their Store are nominated on a valid consumer entrant’s entry form.
Who can't enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of:
(a) the Promoter; and
(b) the agencies, companies or participating premises associated with this competition (other than as stated above in respect of principals of Store/s).
Where will the competition run?
The competition will run in all newsagent stores that receives direct delivery of magazines from a Publisher (Stores) in Australia.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Store excludes online retailers, supermarkets, milk bars, sub-agents or any retailers other than a newsagent store as defined above.
Any full priced magazine purchased in person from a Store.
For the avoidance of doubt, magazines delivered via subscription are excluded.
To enter, you must, during the Competition Period after making a Qualifying Purchase from a Store and collecting your itemised purchase receipt, either:
(a) obtain an entry form from that Store (subject to stocks remaining); and
(b) fully complete the entry form, including by specifying the full business name of the Store where you made your Qualifying Purchase, and mail it to National Newsagents Week Magazine Competition, P.O. Box 685, Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW 2004 to be received by last mail on 18/10/2021,
(c) visit the Website, locate the entry page and fill out and submit the online entry form, including by specifying the full business name of the Store where you made your Qualifying Purchase and providing all other requested information.
The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 1 Consumer Winner and 1 Store Winner determined in respect of this competition.
There will be 1 draw conducted.
A draw will be held at 11.00am (AEST) on 22/10/2021 at Greeneagle Distribution & Fulfilment, Unit 5/9 Fitzpatrick St, Revesby, NSW 2122.
The first valid consumer entry drawn randomly from the entries received will win the consumer prize (Consumer Winner). Once the Consumer Winner has been confirmed as a valid entrant/winner and has confirmed participation in the online Envelope Pick in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the principal of the Store listed on the winning consumer entry will win the Store prize (Store Winner).
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in a draw and record them in order, in case a winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid or a prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
What can I win?
There are 2 prizes available – 1 Consumer prize and 1 Store prize.
The Consumer Winner will win the opportunity to participate in the online Envelope Pick for the chance to win either $50,000 or $5,000, awarded via EFT transfer or eftpos® Gift Card (as selected by the Consumer Winner). To participate in the online Envelope Pick, the Consumer Winner (or their proxy) must attend a Zoom call organised by XchangeIT, on 26/11/2021, at the time specified by the Promoter.
Once the Consumer Winner has been confirmed as a valid entrant/winner and has confirmed participation in the online Envelope Pick via a Zoom call in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Store where the Consumer Winner made their Qualifying Purchase (as nominated on the Consumer Winner’s entry form at the time of entering) will win either $1,500 if they are registered on XchangeIT’s client base at the time of being determined as a winner or $500 if they are not registered XchangeIT’s client base at the time of being determined as a winner. Store prizes will be awarded via eftpos® Gift Card.
The Store prize will be awarded to the principal of the relevant winning Store. Where a Store has multiple principals and those principals disagree about who is the entrant (or if there is confusion for any reason), the Promoter may decide which of them wins the prize. The Promoter’s decision is final in this regard.
If a Consumer Winner is deemed to be invalid or does not claim their prize for any reason, the corresponding Store who sold the Qualifying Purchase to that consumer will also be deemed an invalid Store Winner and will not be entitled to a Store prize.
Notification of winner/s
The winner/s will be informed:
- by phone; and
- in writing by email,
within two days of determination and will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 29/10/2021 (for the Consumer Winner) or 5/11/2021 (for the Store Winner) for a period of 28 days.
How and when must winners confirm their participating in the online Envelope Pick?
The Consumer Winner must confirm their or their proxy’s participation in the online Envelope Pick via a Zoom call by 12pm (AEST) on 29/10/2021.
If participation has not been confirmed by this date or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can’t contact the winner (or the winner does not contact the Promoter) by this date, their entry will be discarded and the Promoter will determine a new winner from the list of Reserve Entrant/s and/or carry out a further draw at 2pm (AEST) on 29/10/2021 at the same location as the original draws. A Store prize will also be re-awarded to the corresponding nominated newsagent store of the valid consumer who is a winner as a result of this redetermination/draw. The winner will be informed:
- by phone; and
- in writing by email,
within two days of determination and will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 29/10/2021 for a period of 28 days.
Online Envelope Pick
The Consumer Winner can participate in the online Envelope Pick via a Zoom call in one of the following ways:
(a) by attending the online Zoom event organised by XchangeIT for the online Envelope Pick at the time specified by the Promoter on 26/11/2021; or
(b) by nominating a proxy to attend the online Zoom event organised by XchangeIT for the online Envelope Pick at the time specified by the Promoter on 26/11/2021 on the winner’s behalf. The winner must nominate a suitable proxy within the time period specified by the Promoter. If a winner nominates a proxy, the winner accepts all decisions made by the proxy. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, all references to a winner will also be deemed to apply to that winner’s proxy, if relevant. The proxy must:
(i) be aged 18 years or over and able to attend the online Envelope Pick on 26/11/2021 at XchangeIT at the time specified by the Promoter;
(ii) accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any additional conditions provided by the Promoter or prize supplier/s and must sign any document the Promoter requires for this purpose prior to the online Envelope Pick; and
(iii) accept that they will not receive any prizes awarded at the online Envelope Pick via a Zoom call on behalf of the relevant prize winner.
The online Envelope Pick will take place on 26/11/2021 on a Zoom call organised by XchangeIT at the time specified by the Promoter. The winner (or their proxy) must follow the instructions provided by the Promoter in relation to their participation in the online Envelope Pick, depending on their method of participation. At the online Envelope Pick, the winner (or the winner’s proxy) will be given the chance to choose 1 envelope from a set of 100 envelopes shown on the screen. In the set of 100 envelopes, 1 of the envelopes will award a $50,000 prize and the remaining envelopes will award a $5,000 prize. The winner will win the prize that they (or their proxy) selects. The winner (or the winner’s proxy) will have only one chance to select a prize envelope.
The Consumer Winner (or their proxy on the winner’s behalf) must claim their prize at the online Envelope Pick.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter multiple times, provided you only enter once per Qualifying Purchase. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is up to $51,500.
Proof of purchase
Consumers must keep the following as proof of purchase for all entries:
- original itemised purchase receipt(s).
If you don’t produce the above proof of purchase for all entries when asked the Promoter may disqualify all of your entries and you will lose any right to a prize.
Your purchase receipt must clearly identify where the Qualifying Purchase was made, the product/s purchased (which must be/comprise a Qualifying Purchase) and the date of purchase (which must be during the Competition Period before you submitted your entry).
If, in the Promoter’s opinion, you have shared any proof of purchase with another person, your entries will be invalid and you will lose any right to a prize.
Collection and use of your personal information
If you are a winner, you or your proxy must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You or your proxy consent to the Promoter using your name/s, image/s and indicia (as relevant) in any promotional or advertising activity. The winner will be required to provide their full name, date of birth and residential address and complete a Customer Identification Form to enable the Promoter to conduct a KYC check.
By entering, you consent to the Promoter keeping your personal information on its database to use for future marketing purposes, including in respect of National Newsagent Week, including contacting you by electronic messaging. By entering, you consent to receive email or SMS messages from the Promoter without any functional unsubscribe facility.
(a) how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek correction of the information; and
(b) how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
ACT Permit No. TP21/00637
SA Licence No. T21/593
NSW Authority No. TP00984
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering or accepting a prize, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. Where relevant, entry forms from any other competition cannot be used for this competition, and are void if copied, forged, stolen or interfered with. Where relevant, submitted entry forms are the Promoter’s property. If you return a Qualifying Purchase your entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion (unless the product is defective). You will receive a return message confirming your entry if you enter on the Website. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/aliases, you may be disqualified.
3. Prize/s and all elements of prize/s must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable. Prize/s are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant supplier or the Promoter, including, as relevant:
(a) validity period/s;
4. Without limiting these Terms and Conditions, the following conditions apply to the eftpos® prepaid gift cards:
(a) eftpos® prepaid gift cards is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532 AFSL 404131 (Issuer) and distributed by Blackhawk Network (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 84 123 251 703 of Level 1, 534 Church Street, Cremorne VIC 3121.
(b) The eftpos® gift card can be used anywhere eftpos® is accepted. The eftpos® gift card cannot be used to withdraw cash. Some merchants may choose not to accept the eftpos® gift card;
(c) eftpos® prepaid gift cards must be activated within three (3) months of the issue date located on the back of the gift card;
(d) Activated eftpos® prepaid gift Cards are valid for twelve 12 months from date of issue on the card. Upon expiration, the gift card will not be available for use.
(e) The eftpos® prepaid gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash, reloaded, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new gift card, or be replaced or extended after expiry (whether this means after activation period expiry or 12 month expiry from issue date) or have their value replaced after expiry and are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities;
(f) any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the eftpos® prepaid gift card are not included. This may include, for example, any fees charged by merchants for using the Card, or currency exchange fees;
(g) The Card is like cash and may not be replaced if misused, lost, stolen or damaged;
(h) if for any reason a Claimant does not redeem the entire balance on the eftpos® gift card by its expiry, any remaining balance on the eftpos® gift card will be forfeited. Any unused balance on the eftpos® gift Card will not be redeemed as cash;
(i) eftpos® gift Cards will be deemed void if they are defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way; and
(j) Redemption of the eftpos® prepaid gift Cards is subject to any terms and conditions of the Issuer including those specified on the eftpos® prepaid Gift Card website located at www.activatethecard.com.au
5. Where relevant, the Promoter accepts no responsibility if one or more of the events or activities awarded as part of the prize are abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason. In that case you forfeit your entitlement to that event/activity. Unless otherwise specified by the Promoter, you will not be given cash or any alternative prize as a substitute for this altered prize element.
6. Any failure by you to comply with the conditions imposed by the prize supplier(s) may result in the prize being cancelled or withdrawn without liability for the Promoter or the prize supplier(s).
7. For event-based/travel prizes, you accept that some aspects of the prize may be inherently risky and that the prize may involve dangerous activities.
8. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if the prize is on set dates and you are unable to take the prize on the relevant date/s, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
9. You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
10. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted including failure of any third parties to forward entry forms for inclusion in the draw, where relevant.
11. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
12. Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor (except where cash is specified) redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
13. If publication will take place, by entering, you request that your full address not be published.
14. Printing and other quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim.
15. If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury (including allergies, skin conditions or other reactions, as relevant), illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
19. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prize/s, or for any damage that occurs to displayed prize/s (where relevant). Unless otherwise specified, prize/s will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
20. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. You completely release any relevant social media platforms from any and all liability.